Random Shtuffs Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Shtuffs Forum

This is mostly a Role Play forum. Thus far, we have Bleach, Star Wars, and a rather interesting RP idea from a member, which I personally think will be quite interesting. More RP ideas are still to come, and you are free to suggest your own.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New RP Idea

Go down 
+2
dellindis
NaomiRin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NaomiRin
Administrator
Administrator
NaomiRin

New RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: New RP Idea   New RP Idea I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:28 pm

Alright, so I read a lot of books. One in particular stuck me as a potential RP idea, so I've decided to suggest it and see what ya'll think.

The book (2, actually, but I forget the 2nd's name) is Graceling by Kristin Cashore. The book follows one particular individual, but I'm not gonna focus the RP on that xD Instead, on the idea the book is based on, or the abilities of some people and the setting. There are certain individuals.....chosen at random by Fate...who are called Gracelings. At a very young age (before 7) sometimes a child's eyes will change color, and they will have two different colored eyes. Red and brown, brown and green, blue and red, you get the idea. These individuals have a power, called a Grace. No two Graces are the same. For example, mind reading. One Graceling might be able to sense your intentions, another only feelings, yet another only the exact words you think.

There are many different Graces, such as running quickly, swimming, dancing. Those are more ordinary. There are others that are more sinister, such as the words you speak cannot be disbelieved...a killing Grace....fighting....Grace with a crossbow. And even ones such as the ability to breathe underwater, being unharmed by the touch of flame, or a Grace for survival. Many Graces could even be mistaken for another, depending on how they work.

There are 7 kingdoms: Lienid, Monsea, Estil, Sunder, Nander, Wester, and Middluns, each rules by a separate king. In most kingdoms, Gracelings become the property of the reigning king or queen the instant their eyes change. Only one, Lienid, (which is separate from the others, off the coast while the other 6 are grouped closer together, although Monsea is across the mountains from those 5) honors Gracelings and treats them with respect, unlike the other kingdoms.

Map: [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

I'm working on an idea for the current war (oh yes, there are constant wars among the kingdoms) and a system for selecting those with Graces (not everyone will get one, I'll probably set up a dice roll) and the higher-ranked Graces, and, of course, the variety within each Grace category. So...input? Should this be made into another RP? Yea, nay, don't care?
Back to top Go down
https://shtuffzandthingz.forumotion.com
dellindis
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
dellindis

New RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP Idea   New RP Idea I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 10:05 pm

ah i remember that book seams like an intresting idea
Back to top Go down
Sorayn
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
Sorayn

New RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP Idea   New RP Idea I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:57 am

"Yea, nay, don't care?"

Option 3 o/
Back to top Go down
Rathlain
Human
Human
Rathlain

New RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP Idea   New RP Idea I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 1:40 pm

seems interesting, but the extreme variability in grace ability, or even the chance to be a grace to me seems a bad point. like, if one just has mind reading powers, but another has sword arms or something, idk, it just seems like a very wide range of abilities.
Back to top Go down
NaomiRin
Administrator
Administrator
NaomiRin

New RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP Idea   New RP Idea I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 6:44 pm

There are a wide range of abilities, but I see it probably being limited, narrowed down to a smaller selection. There's no "sword-arms" (I think...)

Maybe a dice-roll with 1-35 or something, with 1-20 being a selection of Graces (sub-categories would be decided upon by both the character creator and the moderators for this group) and 21-35 would be no Grace. No Grace doesn't mean you can't still be a kick-ass archer or runner, but you'd be less skilled than one with a Grace in said area.
Back to top Go down
Setoku
Administrator
Administrator
Setoku

New RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP Idea   New RP Idea I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:17 pm

Is bringing any RP here an option? I mean, I'm seeing less, and less, and less activity everyday and all... so maybe discussing an "Alternate" forum for it would be the idea...

But it indeed seems interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://sw-rp.forumotion.co.uk/
Sorayn
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
Sorayn

New RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP Idea   New RP Idea I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:18 pm

"Its a phase" - NaomiRin, 2012
Back to top Go down
Setoku
Administrator
Administrator
Setoku

New RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP Idea   New RP Idea I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:23 pm

Tis not a Phase, tis a fact of life. This site is dying. The only reason WoB went through "Phases" was, and I quote, BECAUSE of me, and only because of me. I stopped coming on, and the story stopped moving. Or I hung up on the Story and forgot about it shortly thus people got less interested.
Back to top Go down
Sorayn
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
Sorayn

New RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP Idea   New RP Idea I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:28 pm

xD Thats true. In essence we need your management and naos publicity. Not the other way around, which currently it is.
Back to top Go down
Setoku
Administrator
Administrator
Setoku

New RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP Idea   New RP Idea I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:29 pm

I have like no Publicity skills. I'm all management it seems. Speaking of which, seems I'm the only "Admin" EVER on anymore... Sad
Back to top Go down
Cloudliness
Student
Student
Cloudliness

New RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP Idea   New RP Idea I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:33 pm

I hate this idea... jk its pretty neat
Back to top Go down
NaomiRin
Administrator
Administrator
NaomiRin

New RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP Idea   New RP Idea I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Lol, thanks Cloud. I'm on a lot, just when I come on and see nobody on, I'll wait about 10-15 minutes before giving up and going away, only to come back later and repeat the process e.e

I'm hoping that having more RP options will let people who are considering joining go, "Huh, look at all the choices...I don't know about a couple of those, but THAT one looks awesome, I'll join just for it!"

Or something...I don't know too many RPers other that on WoB, but I'm gonna try to ask more of them to join...despite some of them not having awesome RP skillz. And I have an idea for an event on Bleach RP after Seto's event is over o,o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP Idea   New RP Idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New RP Idea
Page 1 of 1