Random Shtuffs Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Shtuffs Forum

This is mostly a Role Play forum. Thus far, we have Bleach, Star Wars, and a rather interesting RP idea from a member, which I personally think will be quite interesting. More RP ideas are still to come, and you are free to suggest your own.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive.

Go down 
4 posters

How much time should someone have to respond?
24 hours
Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive. I_vote_lcap17%Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive. I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
36 hours
Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive. I_vote_lcap33%Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive. I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
48 hours
Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive. I_vote_lcap50%Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive. I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
72 hours
Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive. I_vote_lcap0%Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Setoku
Administrator
Administrator
Setoku

Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive. Empty
PostSubject: Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive.   Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:15 pm

Due to constraints a lot of us mods have, I have decided that we should implement a new rule to keep us on our toes.

This is the rule I suggested:

If you do not post a response to an RP you're in, you will die or be suspended.

That is to say, if me and Sora are fighting, and Sora swings his sword to slice me in half, if I do not answer in the time frame, then Sora may post the sword cutting through me, and killing me.

Alternately, if you are in a RP and someone posts (I will use MSK and AVA as examples here) "Ava ducks under attack, then turns to MSK, and asks "Are you alright?"

If MSK does not answer within the specified time limit, then the whole RP they were having get's suspended. That is to say, all the actions that occurred in the RP did not happen. The RP will be erased, and your characters will be free to do whatever again, and not bound by a frozen RP.

The time limits I have thought of are: 24 hours, 36 hours, 48 hours, and 72 hours. Please pick how much time you want to allow someone to post to you, also, add the reason why you picked it. If you need a more simplified explanation, please send me a PM.

Last edited by Setoku on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *~* Grammar Nazi S *~*)
Back to top Go down
http://sw-rp.forumotion.co.uk/
Setoku
Administrator
Administrator
Setoku

PostSubject: Re: Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive.   Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:19 pm

I have chosen 48 hours so that gives the other person plenty of time to finish work, finish homework, read the post, and even sleep over a decision to come to on what to post.
Back to top Go down
Near
Human
Human
Near

PostSubject: Re: Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive.   Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 1:55 pm

I chose 24 hours since with the amount of technology today, it shouldn't be a problem to acess the forum from a smartphone or Laptop Smile
Back to top Go down
NaomiRin
Administrator
Administrator
NaomiRin

PostSubject: Re: Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive.   Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 11:10 pm

Yes, but typing a long response and reading reffering to several posts before your own could be a problem on a smartphone. I voted upon 48 hours, since there have been times where I've been off for over 24 hours completely.
Back to top Go down
https://shtuffzandthingz.forumotion.com
Setoku
Administrator
Administrator
Setoku

PostSubject: Re: Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive.   Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:28 am

Tie between 48 and 36, eh? Hmmm... who will win?! >.>
Back to top Go down
Rathlain
Human
Human
Rathlain

PostSubject: Re: Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive.   Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 6:53 pm

48 seems pretty fair
Back to top Go down
NaomiRin
Administrator
Administrator
NaomiRin

PostSubject: Re: Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive.   Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 5:05 pm

Poll closed, 48 hour time limit is now official (it was already in effect, I just think there is a need to make it clear)
Back to top Go down
https://shtuffzandthingz.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive.   Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idea to keep RP rolling and keep board alive.
Page 1 of 1